In the face of the pandethe expedition to Carihuaraizo for the benefit of the Faro Verde project for the moment postponed to the autumn (pending the FEE has launched the reimbursements of the expenses incurred by the members of the team)mic, the Children’s Foundation of Ecuador has suspended all programs involving travel. This concerns:
- individual missions planned until the summer
- the mission of the Jeannine Vallières Prize
- the expedition to Carihuaraizo for the benefit of the Faro Verde project for the moment postponed to the autumn (pending the FEE has launched the reimbursements of the expenses incurred by the members of the team)
- groups of French students
- the “Solidarité Faro Verde” groups, which are also forced to suspend their activities at the women’s centre.
With regard to the last Faro Verde Solidarity group currently present in Pascuales, we would like to point out that the Foundation for the Children of Ecuador cannot go against government measures and is forced to follow the consular guidelines for the repatriation of volunteers. Volunteers who were originally scheduled to stay until March 31 and who do not or no longer have the opportunity to leave Ecuadorian territory due to airport closures will be accommodated in the full-board premises until new options are opened to return to Canada. It goes without saying that all these days of accommodation will be taken care of by the FEE.
Nous demandons à toutes et tous leur compréhension face aux mesures que la pandémie impose et qui sont tout à fait extraordinaires.
In Pascuales, the women’s centre and daycare will be closed for an indefinite period. We remain in solidarity with the Ecuadorian population, in particular the single mothers of Pascuales who, beyond already living in precariousness, will be deprived for the most part of sources of income and will have to face a double ordeal. In this regard, we would like to point out that we are already preparing to respond to the increasing needs of our community as soon as the opening of the centre is possible.