After the success of the first edition of the Jeannine Vallières Award in 2017, the CEF has decided restart it for the 2018 year.
The Jeannine Vallières Award was created in honor of the founder of the Center for Women in Ecuador, Sister Jeannine Vallières. With three other sisters, Rose Aimée Roy, Marie Thérèse Bourque et Céline Lussier, they created the Children of Ecuador Foundation, made up of the Center for Women, a nursery, and a sponsorship program to help the single mothers of Pascuales.
This year, the award will be offered to one or two people, to lead a project together or work on two complimentary projects for the Center for Women of Pascuales. The CEF encourages participants to apply in groups of two people.
Winners of the award will receive:
- A round-trip airplane ticket
- Housing and accommodation for the entirety of the trip
- A stipend of $500 for a duration of one month or more between the months of June and December 2018
The winner will be responsible for handling their insurance, having the proper vaccinations, and owning a valid passport.
- Fluency in Spanish (advanced level of Spanish is imperative)
- Availability during the year for at least one month
- Owning a valid passport
- Have a project for the women in Pascuales
Send in your application to email@example.com before April 2, 2018 at the latest
- Be complimentary if there are two
- Mobilize a group of women from Pascuales
- Address the needs of women from Pascuales by offering activities or instruction on any of the following topics: social work, health, psychology, sexology, personal growth, women’s rights advocacy, computer science, manual labor, entrepreneurship, arts, sports, or others.
- Important: the CEF remains flexible and open to other suggestions and ideas on the implementation of projects!
Most women from the Center for Women in Equator are single mothers. Many of them dropped out of high school. The Center for Women offers them moral support and training to give them skills that can help them improve their quality of life. To know more about the situation in Ecuador.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
The recipients of this year’s award will be chosen by a committee of volunteers who are members of the Board of Directors of the CEF at Montreal and at Pascuales based on the following criteria:
- The project must follow the values of our mission statement
- The project must have a positive impact on the women and if possible, the entirety of the community in Pascuales
- The project would ideally continue even after the departure of the award recipient
- The implementation of the project is cost-effective and requires at most very minimal expenses
Recipients of the award will be chosen mid-April 2018
For any questions, do not hesitate to contact the CEF at 514 525 4920 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org