The Children of Ecuador Foundation was set up to support the Mission created by the four Sisters of Mercy in Ecuador. Sister Jeannine Vallières, supported by Sister Rose Aimée Roy, Sister Marie Thérèse Bourque and Sister Céline Lussier, created a Women’s Center and a daycare center to help single mothers in Pascuales by providing various services adapted to their needs.
For its fifteenth anniversary, the Children of Ecuador Foundation (CEF) wishes to honor Sister Jeannine Vallières for her leadership and dedication to women, by offering a contest that will enable Quebec women to carry out a project at the Center for Women in Ecuador in Pascuales. The CEF will offer the winner the means to carry out its project in the year 2017 thanks to the Jeannine Vallières Award.
THE PRIZE CONSISTS OF:
- round-trip airfare
- full room and board
- a $500 stipend for a period of one month or more between June and December 2017
The award recipient is responsible for their insurance, proper vaccinations, and a valid passport.
- Woman 20 or more years of age
- Fluency in Spanish (advanced level of Spanish is imperative)
- Availability during the year for at least one month
- Owning a valid passport
- Have a project for the women in Pascuales
Send in your application to email@example.com before April 21, 2017 at the latest
- mobilize a group of women from Pascuales
- Address the needs of women from Pascuales by offering activities or instruction on any of the following topics: social work, health, psychology, sexology, personal growth, women’s rights advocacy, computer science, manual labor, entrepreneurship, arts, sports, or others.
Most women from the Center for Women in Equator are single mothers. Many of them dropped out of high school. The Center for Women offers them moral support and training to give them skills that can help them improve their quality of life. To know more about the situation in Ecuador.
The recipients of this year’s award will be chosen by a committee of volunteers who are members of the Board of Directors of the CEF at Montreal and at Pascuales based on the following criteria:
- The project must follow the values of our mission statement
- The project must have a positive impact on the women and if possible, the entirety of the community in Pascuales
- The project would ideally continue even after the departure of the award recipient
- The implementation of the project is cost-effective and requires at most very minimal expenses
Recipients of the award will be chosen on the week of May 1, 2017
For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the CEF at 514 525 4920 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org